There appears to be a great deal of chatter on fibro sites right now on various supplements. I am not going to address specific ones but just some guidelines, especially to the recently diagnosed.
A few things to consider when choosing supplements:
1. Has this particular product had a recent review by the National Fibromyalgia Association or like-minded publication?
2. What do you really know about the product?
3. Have you researched the product? Do you know the safe dosage range?
4. Did you talk with your doctor or pharmacist about possible drug interactions?
5. Do you have a condition that may make taking the product hazardous to your health?
6. How did you find out about the product? Did you see it on the internet?
7. Have you been to a support group (local or facebook) and talked with others about their possible experience with the product?
8. Have you compared prices and brands?
9. Can you honestly afford the supplement?
Lastly, do not expect a cure. Supplements can be a real help but fibromyalgia is not "cured". We can manage the symptoms and improve our situation but beware of any product that claims to have the cure.
Whenever there is chronic pain and fatigue we search for relief. In that search consider supplements but do so with common sense.
Until next time, stay well.